Thursday, 28 May 2015

Health Benefits of Wearing a Properly Fit Bra

There are many reasons to make sure you’re wearing the right-sized bra for your bust, including comfort and fit. But did you know that wearing the wrong-sized bra could be causing you unnecessary health concerns?
Did you know that your breasts change sizes an average of five times in your life? If you’ve been wearing the same size since your prom, it’s time to get a fitting.
If you’re experiencing any of the following, your bra may be to blame! Of course, you should always talk to your doctor first. Here are seven reasons why you need to make sure you get a proper fitting the next time you buy a bra.
  • 1. Acid Reflux and Indigestion:
    When your bust is lifted off your stomach, you release the pressure from the weight of your bust, which may be causing digestive discomfort, IBS, or acid reflux. This is especially a problem for heavier chested girls.

  • 2. Poor Posture: Your bra’s band should provide 80% of the support of your bra, while the other 20% comes from your straps. When the weight of your bust is not supported, you tend to slouch forward, which, of course, leads to poor posture, back pain and in the long term a curved spine.
  • 3. Back, Neck and Shoulder Pain: Your shoulders have pressure points that your bra may be aggravating. When your band is too loose, it rides up your back, putting most of the support in the straps (see #2 above), and putting uncomfortable pressure on the pressure points in your shoulders. The result? Back, shoulder and neck pain! That can then lead to tension headaches and tendonitis in your shoulders.
  • 4. Breathing Difficulties: Those numbers that make up your bra size can be confusing! Are you a 32? 34? 40? Something in between? Can you finally take a deep breath when you take your bra off? A properly fitted bra ensures that both the size of the band and the cup size fit perfectly. A too-tight band will put pressure on your diaphragm, which will negatively affect your breathing.
  • 5. Ligament Damage: When your bra’s cups are too small, the wires sit on your breast tissue, tearing or damaging your cooper's ligaments. The wires are more likely to break through their casing and damage the skin as well. During exercise your bust can move up to 8cm up and down, ripping the ligaments that keep your breasts perky. Always invest in a good sport bra.

  • 6. Chafing: When your bra's cups are too big, the wire sits too far under your armpit, causing chafing in your underarms and causing the underwires to dig into your ribs. The straps are also located too close to the end of your shoulder causing strap slippage. If your bra band is too loose, it moves around a lot, causing uncomfortable chafing on your skin.
  • 7. Stomach Bulge: Who wants unsightly stomach bulge? No, thank you! An improperly fitted bra will accentuate any stomach bulge that you’d rather minimize.

The new year is always a great time to make positive changes to your health and well-being. Giving your lingerie wardrobe a makeover by getting a professional bra fitting is a great place to start.

No comments :

Post a comment